In 2005 Manor CE Academy was awarded a Target Capital Grant of £17.6 million, providing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create facilities to enhance our teaching and learning. In April 2009, MCE moved to it’s new home on Millfield Lane.
The original ideas and plans for the new build were to create an inspirational environment, providing 21st-century facilities for 21st-century learning. The new building does not disappoint.
Housed in an environmentally sustainable new build and available to the whole community, these include:
- A 400-seat auditorium with flexible layout
- Professionally designed Dance and Drama studios
- New, state-of-the-art Music facilities
- Five Design Technology rooms
- Two spacious art rooms
- Seven Science laboratories and prep rooms
- A sports hall, Activity Studio, floodlit all-weather pitch and four tennis/netball courts
- Three dedicated ICT rooms and a welcoming Learning Resource Centre
- A well-resourced learning support centre
- Conference Facilities
We have recently completed a fabulous new Creative and Media Centre - The HIVE behind our existing building. The facilities include:
- A fantastic purpose built Theatre, with 209 fixed tiered seats and a diabled Gallery
- A Rehearsal space, with a fully sprung harlequin floor and dual height ceiling
- A Conference Suite with multiple layout, projector and screen
- An Apple Lounge
- A Creative Suite
- The Gallery, balcony area with cafe bar
Further information on all of our facilities can be found by clicking on the Facilities drop down menu or click here
If you are interested in hiring any Manor CE Academy Facilities, please don't hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Rachel Snowden on 01904 528660.
You can also download our Price List